Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just some thoughts... and a borrowed poem

I pondered a bit what to write today, since I dont have yet a finished project to blog about. I dont want my site to bore me when I view it a least once a day, thinking maybe others who come back to my site also get disappointed...hehe (I pretend I have a lot of viewers.) So I go over my favorite books and try to find something to share that suits my mood...

I've Dreamed Many Dreams - Anonymous poet

I've dreamed many dreams that never came true,
I've seen them vanished at dawn;
But I've realized enough of my dreams, thank God,
To make me want to dream on.

I've prayed many prayers when no answer came,
I've waited patient and long,
But answers have come to enough of my prayers
To make me keep praying on.

I've trusted many a friend who failed
And left me to weep alone;
But I've found enough of my friends true
To make me keep trusting on

I've sown many seeds that fell by the way
For the birds to feed upon;
But I've held enough golden shaves in my hand,
To make me keep sowing on.

I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain,
I've gone many days without a song,
But I've sipped enough nectar from the rose of life
To make me want to live on.

4 comments:

  1. hi mimi, thanks for stoping by my blog..i think you are right, once i took down the pic, all the little buttons came back up..
    i love the poem, so true..
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous16 June, 2005

    That's a well chosen poem. Very lovely and melodic, yet it says what it means. Thanks for sharing it!
    ...Dreams visit us only when we're asleep. But God is so wise, He gives us the rest of the day to live our dreams and make them real. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cherry! Yes its true, but, I think its somewhat on the serious side so I hope next time to find something humorous...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!