Friday, June 09, 2006

Crocheted in Purple

The other day I saw Kathy's doily done in purple for A.A. shown in this post and I liked the color so much! And I also liked Mary's purple pincushion on this post.
So I picked Cannon MB106 (lavender) and MB083 (purple) and I made another bullion stitch pincushion, since I needed to practice more on the lovely edging. I couldnt wait to finish it in purple, here it is:



Another item in purple is this shawl I made several months ago. I had not posted about this, I modeled it before I sent it to my Autumn Secret Pal. She disappeared halfway through the swap, but I sent it anyway, since I didnt know if she just had a temporary problem. Unfortunately, she did vanish and of course, I wish I had not sent this purple shawl. Even if it was just a simple shawl, I liked it so much in pretty variegated purple. I've been crocheting another one, but it has remained in my WIP stash, and I'll get back to it when the weather starts to get cold...

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous10 June, 2006

    I love purple--the shawl and sachet are sooooo pretty!!! -Rachel (CPC/CPR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was gone for a while, you've been so productive, and it seems like you had a nice trip! :)
    The flower necklace, pin cushions, and your shawl... They are so pretty, I LOVE them!!!!!!
    I'm sorry to hear that your secret pal dissappeared with your shawl... I just think that the shawl is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Rachel and Chie :D

    I just made up the pattern for the shawl in simple mesh stitch (ch 5 loops).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi the shawl is beautiful :) i'm sorry to hear your pal did that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Barb! I'm also sorry for her, she must have had a terrible situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color Mimi...i realy love the shawl..looks so good on you,im so sorry your pal did that to :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawl is just sooooooooooooo beautiful.

    Ulla wishes you a lovely new week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Shaylen and Ulla!
    The least I expected was a thank you note from her. Anyway, I was so lucky with my other secretpal (Tina), who pampered me with attention and gifts and we became good friends ever since ;)

    A wonderful week to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really really pretty shawl...it looks so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi your shawl is just gorgeous! I would be very upset, too; if I had 'wasted' it on sending to someone who doesn't even appreciate it. I'm sorry that happened to you. You are so imaginative and talented to just be able to 'wing' something like that. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the shawl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Tina and Vik!
    I think the thread looks a lot better in the pic ;) but I really like it, and its the color that makes it so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi - that shawl is beautiful! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful shawl, Mimi! And in my favourite colour, too ;) What size threads do you use on a shawl such as this? The drape looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. THanks, Jaye! I've always used size 8 threads for my shawls. Could also be made in size 10, but size 8 is softer, so it drapes better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shawl Mimi! Its a gorgeous color! You're right that it is too bad that your partner disappeared!

    The pin cushion is awesome as well! Great job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous16 June, 2006

    congrats mimi on the bullion stitch!!!

    both the pincushion and shawl are so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Kimberly!

    Thanks Jeng! wanna try the bullion stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Goldi!
    I really tried to make do with only 2 balls of thread, so this shawl turned out a bit small ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!