Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chie's lil' brown bag


Hi! Its been a while since I posted a finished project. I recently got the pattern for this little bag from Chie. I wanted to work with some of my yarns, as I had mostly crocheted with thread for the past several weeks.
I didnt have the cotton yarn indicated in the pattern, so I used two strands of my local WW acrylic yarn (Carmencita). I also used a 4.5mm hook and achieved approximately the right gauge.
This bag is very practical to carry along when one needs just a few essentials. It can hold a cellphone, wallet, small hairbrush, pressed powder, and lipstick.
Pattern details on Ravelry.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely handbag.Beautiful colours too.Really good to have one with place for only a few things because you need to plan what it's important to have and not to have in it..

    Have a nice day
    Ulla in the north of Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ulla! Thanks for stopping by :)
    Nowadays, I really prefer a small bag like this, or a rather big tote ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the little purses on Chie's blog yesterday, and was so happy to see her blogging again. I'll probably have to get some of the patterns as well. She's fabulous!

    Your purse came out adorable, I'm sure Chie will be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`ve seen it at Chie`s blog!
    Love the combination you chose, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mimi,

    Nice bag you've got there. And cool color combination. Have a good day Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combo you used...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i am interested in knowing the kind of yarns manufactured by Coats Manila Bay. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea, thanks for your comment!
    I hope you look at the links here on my sidebar to go to the page where the threads and yarns are shown. For acrylic yarns, Coats Manila Bay only has the brand Carmencita, which is WW acrylic yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute little bag! I am starting to hate lugging my purse around, and wish I could only take a couple things in a little bag to put over my shoulder. I like your colors together, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those colors tog! Looks like the perfect size AND CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous bag! I love that stitch pattern, Mimi. You've done a great job crocheting and Chie has done a lovely job designing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!