Saturday, August 12, 2006

Crochet Strap

I just finished the guitar strap for my son, but it was far from perfect. The holes were a bit big (but I can crochet 1 small round in it to make it smaller), and it was quite longer than what he wanted, so I will have to fold part of it and sew it to secure.


I told him I was going to take a pic, but not show his face but just focus on the guitar, but he moved away so this is what I got :p




I just wanted to show how it looks. I used 2 balls of Cannon thread on this, one row of dc on the front loop and another row on the back loop, then joined together the two rows with one row of sc, it was a pain! But I like the thick texture and the feel of cotton. He didnt like the color pattern so much (though he was the one who picked the thread). Now he wants a blue and white stripe one!

7 comments:

  1. You know he liked it if he asked for another one in a different color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really cool that he's going to have a one-of-a-kind guitar strap that can be identified with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deneen, Sis, and Sue for stopping by! As it turned out, I crocheted a very long strap, as per my son's specifications. Now I had to fold it over to shorten it by about 10 inches! Oh well...at least he's really using it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a novel idea Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out good. I'd like to see the blue and white one, too. You're so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How couldn`t I guess it? Hahaha!
    Very nice job Mimi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!