Sunday, August 19, 2007

Baby Hat, pattern finished!

Remember this project?
I made this a couple of years ago, and posted it here on my blog. It is one of my designs included in the 2007 Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendar. But I didn't know for sure if it was accepted then, since I only submitted a photo of the project. So I was surprised that it was included, and they just repeated the instructions for the baby mittens pattern, which was also featured there. Here's how it looked in the CPAD:


Now at last, I finished writing the pattern! I had to find some inspiration in making another hat, so that I could write the pattern clearly. The inspiration came when a nice lady emailed and asked for the pattern, saying that she wanted to make it for a baby gift this September.
I also made some improvement on the pattern, and I think the sizing is more accurate now.
Then I decided to add something new to the hat I just made - a crocheted ribbon.



Ribbon pattern copyright by Mimi Alelis, 2007
Row 1: With the same size hook used for the hat, take the contrasting color (pink), ch 75. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and on each ch across. Cut off.
Row/rnd 2: Attach main color (white) at opposite end, ss on 1st st, (ch 1, ss on next st) repeat all around the top and bottom of sc row. Join to the 1st st of this round. Cut off.
Weave in ends.
Tie into a bow and sew it on the hat band.


*Baby Cotton Hat pattern is available for download on Ravelry, here*

Update: I just found a free pattern for a cute pair of maryjane booties by Liz, made from thread. It looks like a perfect match for this baby hat.

More baby items from previous posts:
Appliques
Baby Mittens
Baby Crochet

12 comments:

  1. Me want Mimi please!:)
    Just finished the Baby booties .Will post later on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I just love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat looks cute, Mimi. Love it!
    btw: Does it means you pay me if I review your post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable! Congrats on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat is very sweet, I am glad that you shared the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do remember that hat. I still haven't made one yet. But it is adorable. And the tie really sets it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! I love your crochet ribbon! -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh cute! You know that I love this hat . Ofcourse, u also know that I'd love to have the pattern ...lol!
    And congratulations on getting the pattern published. Your work is so good and I'm happy that finally your patterns are in print for the world to appreciate.WTG !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this hat,it is so cute and I would love to have the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to email you for the pattern of the adorable baby hat to match the mittens but can not seem to find an addy to email. If you are still using this site please send me one. I want to make it for my grand daughter. Thank you ever so much fairydragoness2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!