Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little flowers with leaves - free crochet pattern

I already have a flower applique pattern here published a few years back, but it had 6 petals instead of 5. Also for this pattern, I added leaves to complete the design.
Using scraps of thread, this is a very practical embellishment. However, this is so little, measuring only 1 1/8 inches from one leaf end to the other. You could make bigger flowers by using yarn and bigger hook.

These little flowers look cuter here in the picture, so I'm very pleased with this shot ;) I'm also glad I had something to post here today... Thanks for looking!



Little Flowers with Leaves
by Mimi Alelis copyright 2008
Note: This pattern is for personal use only, not for distribution and not to be posted on any other site.
Original link: http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2008/05/little-flowers-with-leaves-free-crochet.html
Materials
Cotton thread, small amounts main color and contrasting color for flower, and green for leaves
Size 2 or 1.75mm steel hook, or size preferred

Flower
Rnd 1: With contrasting color thread, ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st to first sc. Cut off thread.
Rnd 2: Attach main color, [ (ch 2, 3dc, ch 2, sl st) in the same sc, sl st to the next sc], 5 times, making 5 petals. Cut off.

Leaves
Rnd 1: With green, ch 5, * 2 dc on 3rd ch from hook, ch 2, sl st on top of last dc made. Dc on same st as previous dc. Ch 2, sl st on same st**, sl st on next 2 chs. Ch 3, repeat from * to **. Cut off.

Finishing
Sew leaves to the back of flower.


Other popular designs:

Chic Cell Phone Purses
Stylish Crochet Mesh Bags
Stylish Makeup Purse
Shell Halter Top
Shells and Flowers Shrug
Cute Tawashi Designs


All my designs in one page - thanks to Ravelry!

33 comments:

  1. Very Cute Mimi,would be a nice embellishment for baby girl stuff.thanks for the pattern
    Pearlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! And tiny! If anyone did scrapbooking, they could use it, too. Thanks for sharing it, Mimi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15 May, 2008

    Awe, this is darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Thanks for sharing your design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this soooo great pattern. I am so excited to try this!! They are absolutely beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those little flowers are so sweet, thanks for sharing the pattern I will use them very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! Perfect to pin a pair of them on a jean jacket or summer hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what does With contrasting color thread, ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook mean

    ReplyDelete
  9. really cute! thanx, i can't wait 2 do it! that was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks! made a handful of them last night, fast and simple for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are cute ans so is your tawashi patterns...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Seema!
    Thanks everyone for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing all of your patterns! I have a pattern for flowers and leaves too but it is nice to have variety!
    Joni www.jonicrochetcreations.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! I just crocheted a green backpack with leaves and I've been looking for the perfect flowers for it. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the patten. :) I am using them for a newborn hat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice stuff. Thank you Mimi. I already made 4 beautiful flowers using your free pattern. They look great! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these! super cute. I used them to adorn a baby hat. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your patterns.
    Our group knit, crochet and sew for premature and newborn babies. Our donations will look so good by adding your little flowers.
    Please visit us at: www.seatrailgrandmas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there, I love these little flowers and added one to my most recent quick project of a little ladybug. I have my own craft blog and gave you credit and linked back to this page when mentioning the flower part of my project. Please let me know if I should remove or change this. Thanks for sharing these cute flowers!!

    http://littleblackmarker.blogspot.com/2011/08/lovely-ladybug.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am going to use it for a hair clip for an American girl doll. so cute. Thank you, Tana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute patterns. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing... love this little flower on the barrettes i am making for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Piacere di conoscerti!Ammiro i tuoi lavori, sono bellissimi!Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Mimi...it's easy to follow and was just what I needed to add to the toilet paper cover doll dress I was making for an elderly freind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Julienne! Thanks for your feedback :)

      Delete
  26. I'm using these flowers to decorate cowgirl boots for a 1st birthday present. The flowers need to match the boots, so I untwisted my worsted and used 1 thread. Turned out great. Thanks for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Carol! Thanks for choosing this pattern :)

      Delete
  27. thank you. i'm making 3 of the flowers to put on the front of a baby dress. this is the perfect pattern

    ReplyDelete
  28. On the leaves( Dc on same st as previous dc.) Do you mean in the same DC ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...in the same st where the previous 2 dcs were made.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!