Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Progress on crochet and other stuff...

My latest shrug design is coming out soon. Yes, another shrug - I can't seem to move on to other wearable creations. The sleeve to sleeve construction and simple scheme of the shrug appeals so much to me, compared to a garment that will use up 3x more thread...



I also got a new model! She's my brother's g.f...she totally liked the shrug, so I gave it to her ;)



Meanwhile, I've made a little progress on my room makeover. The room is still a mess, but I've freed up some closet space, trashed old stuff, and set aside several items to give away. Its quite hard to get rid of many things...I just keep asking myself what is really important in my life right now.


I wasn't able to watch the Feel Harmonic concert at the Power Plant Mall last Wednesday...it was a success, according to my son. Hopefully I will be able to watch the video that his friend took.
Previously, I had posted my favorite song in the repertoire that evening - Nella Fantasia.
While I was on YouTube, I found out about a Spanish singer - Cesar Mesa. I absolutely love his version of Nella Fantasia!
I would like to share, in case you haven't heard, Cesar Mesa:

6 comments:

  1. He sounds wonderful, even though I don't understand Spanish.

    I hope you will post pictures of your room makeover. If I get the dressers and the ironing board cleaned off/organized, I feel proud of myself. (Embarrassing...)

    I can't believe you are designing another shrug! (Well, yes I can :P) I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, glad you watched the video! The song is in Italian...but I think his diction and expression is much better than the other singers' version.
    I don't think I can share pictures of my room...even if gets totally organized, it still looks so ordinary :p One day I might get inspired though, we'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mimi, we're more or less in the same boat: you can't move on from shrugs and I'm sort of "stuck" with making shawls! Never mind, the important thing is succeeding in what we do.
    Ciao. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out my blog today if you can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this will be pretty as well...ate, thanks for your message.. take care.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!