Sunday, April 15, 2012

Time for change...with some crochet, some sewing, and probably some knitting ;)

Nowadays there are so many lovely free crochet patterns on the web. For me, there is not much need for more crochet patterns; on the other hand, there are so many opportunities for trying out patterns that are already available. I don't want to miss out on so many wonderful designs!
Btw, I highly recommend Pierrot Yarns patterns since local cotton thread can be used for most of their designs.
I also like Garnstudio patterns so much, but most of their patterns use yarns that would be difficult to substitute with cotton thread. If one can purchase the yarns stated in the pattern, so much better!

I still have a few surprising designs coming up, though ;)...
but for now here are some of my recent projects:

pierrot crochet bag
this bag from Pierrot Gosyo. I'm halfway on this, but I'm modifying the main bag pattern since it isn't working for the yarn substitution I made. But I liked the doily appliques so much, and followed the pattern.

crochet cellphone case

This cellphone case I made to fit exactly the phone I'm using. The pattern by Lydia Busek is customizable. Details on this post.

tshirt shrug with crochet insert

My sewing project, T-shirt shrug with crochet insert.There's not much sewing here though...more details here on Ravelry.

crochet chain necklace

And lastly, here's a quick and simple fashion makeover I made using yarn and upcycled T-shirt (the bottom part of the T-shirt shrug!), and a bit of crochet. More details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!