Monday, May 21, 2012

Recent crochet projects

Here are the crochet projects I made within this month ;)


A couple of thick square coasters made with two strands of Cannon thread and size 3mm hook. I used the stitch pattern in this dish scrub pattern by Priscilla Hewitt which I found years ago.



A lace bowl stiffened with white glue...pattern by Linda Permann. It didn't get sturdy enough to be used as a container...and I didn't want to use the sugar recipe for stiffening it.


A scarf I made for my SIL, I used my Stylish Chain Scarf pattern. I love this one, not just for the color but for its wonderful drape.
Lastly, (but no picture yet) I finished a crocheted bib necklace. Isn't it the current trendy accessory? I'm still in the process of adding some bling to it ;)

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty all of them!
    I always wondered about crochet stiffeners, which one would be the easiest to use and with a better result: gelatin, hair spray, glue & water, sugar & water..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vik!! I wasn't inclined to try the sugar method...I imagine it to be too messy and sticky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous28 May, 2012

    I love the bowl. It is very nice. You do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi! I just saw your latest shirt pattern, the "Lauren Sweater," in Interweave Crochet Magazine. It's beautiful! I have to order some yarn so I can try it. It looks intimidating, but I have to try. I think it's the best pattern in that issue. I'm hoping it's not as hard as it looks. You did a brilliant job!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, thanks...so glad to hear that! Yes its a bit difficult, but mostly because its a big project. The stitches itself are simple and repetitive. The yarn is soft and a bit warm. Its also very nice for the ribbing pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!